- Grey Pneumatics Resource Page
Grey Pneumatics Resource Page
Founded in 1989, Grey Pneumatic (GP) is a tool company focused specifically on manufacturing and selling impact sockets. Grey Pneumatic also manufactures and sells accessories that go along with impact sockets. Although the company began with only two, unique tools, their company has since grown to include a product line of over 4000 individual pieces of equipment. This includes duo-socket sets, ratchets, impact socket sets, individuals and attachments, hex drivers, triple square drivers, star impact drivers, torque limiting sockets, wheel service items, displays and chisels. Most tools in their extensive line equipment come with a lifetime warranty, specifically covering any defects in the building materials or any issues with overall workmanship. GP’s tools and designs are utilized by a large number of various industries, including energy, automotive, mining and construction.
Grey Pneumatic prides itself on customer service that is both fast and reliable. Their tools are sold through a variety of market places. Stores and warehouses that service the automotive industry, trucking industry, tire industry and other related industries likely care some, if not all of their equipment. GP recommends that all of their products be purchased through authorized dealers only, and maintains no liability for any products purchased from an unauthorized dealer.
Click to jump to a section:
Grey Pneumatic’s Products
Extensions and Adapters
Socket extenders are adapters are crafted to allow the user to have either a longer reach, and angled reach, or to allow the use of other various other attachments. Adapters can also be used to help reduce speed. These are useful for a wide range of unpredictable situations that are commonplace among industries where power tools are used on a daily basis. Grey Pneumatics sells manufactures and sells a wide line of extensions and adapters, including friction ball extensions and reducing sleeve adapters.
Impact drivers are a tool used to deliver quick, downward rotational force. These drivers are useful for loosening large bolts and are particularly useful for nuts and bolts that are stuck in position, either due to corrosion or over-torqueing.
Grey Pneumatics offers an array of regular and star impact driver sets.
Individual sockets are sold apart from sets. Individuals are a good solution for those who deal with sizes that are irregular, and are looking for sockets that sometimes uncommon nuts and bolts. Grey Pneumatics offers hundreds of individual sockets across all common and most uncommon metrical and fractional sizes. Grey Pneumatic’s line of individual sockets includes 4, 5, 6, 6s, 8 and 12-point sizing.
Ratchets are the physical tools used to provide the torque force needed to turn nuts and bolts. Grey Pneumatics sells several duo-point ratchets.
All of GPs ratchets are ergonomically designed. They offer ½’, ¼’ and ⅜’ drive duo-socket ratchets. Handle lengths on their ratchets range from 5.5 inches to 10 inches.
Socket sets are complete socket packages that include a variety of sockets and typically include a ratchet. Some will also include a select few extensions and attachments. Grey Pneumatics has wide selection of socket sets for both duo-sockets and impact sockets/. Most sets include individual pieces, with various socket sizes of both fractional and metric sockets.
Grey Pneumatic Product Comparisons
Dual Socket Sets Comparison
|81659CRD Fract. & Metric Duo-Socket Set - 6 Pt.||81635MRD Metric Std & Deep Duo-Socket Set - 6 Pt.|
Chisel Sets Comparison
|CS807 Pneumatic Bit Set, 7 Piece, .498 Shank||CS110 Pneumatic Bit Set, 10 Piece, .401 Shank|
1/2" Drive Sets Comparison
|Material:||High quality steel (chrome-molybdenum)||High quality steel (chrome-molybdenum)||High quality steel (chrome-molybdenum)|
Grey Pneumatic Warranty Policy
Grey Pneumatic offers a lifetime warranty on most of their products. The warranty covers some, but not all, problems you may encounter with your product.
When buying Grey Pneumatic tools, consider the following for warranty issues:
- For warrantied items, defects in materials and workmanship are considered covered. This applies only to the original purchaser.
- Individual parts within sets may be covered. Only parts within a set that are covered by a warranty and found to be defective will be replaced, not the entire set.
- Ratchets covered by warranty may be repair, replaced, or provided with replacement parts. The warranty on ratchets is voided if an extension bar has been used, or if the ratchet shows signs of abuse to the handle.
- The wear and tear from regular use over time is not covered by warranty.
- Quick change retainers are warrantied for a year after their purchase. Some special application items are also warrantied in this manner.
- Items that are not covered by a warranty are clearly marked.
- Grey Pneumatics will either credit, replace, or repair tools that are covered under warranty, after making a determination.
- Any loss incurred will be remedied by refund, but not a replacement.
- All other items under will either be repaired or replaced, but not refunded.
- Items purchased through unauthorized dealers are not covered by a warranty. This may include purchases: Amazon, Bonanza, EBay, Craigslist, Newegg, Rakuten, Walmart, Sears or any shopping search engine.